Monday, March 18, 2013

MS awareness Mani and Saint Patrick Mani

This one is a doozy....its actually 2 manis in one post. This past week I did two very special manis. One was an orange mani for MS awareness and the other was a festive glittery mani for Saint Patricks day :)

 
I like them both :) lets start off with the orange mani..



When one of my friends on facebook talked about doing orange manis for MS awwareness I immediately agreed... also orange is the color for Kidney Cancer awareness so I felt that this was really meaningful.


For the orange I immediatley gravitated to OPI's Y'all Come Back Ya Hear? and it was perfect! Juicy jelly and gorgeously opaque-ish in 3 coats...for the accent fingers I chose Maya Cosmetics- Like A Boss which is a nude-y peach but has a subtle holo-ness to it..






I thought the orange was lacking a little something so I ended up topping it with Northern Lights Hologram Top Coat in both the silver and the gold... I love the subtle-ness of it but the glittery holo is still noticeable.





 

Then it was Saint Patrick's day and I totally wracked my brain for a suitable mani. I knew I wanted to do green obviously but I didn't want to go dark green...I wanted to go pastel :) So I used 2 coats of Zoya's Neely and then topped it with a layer of Lynnderella's She Lived in A Swamp. Then for the gold fingers I used Zoya's Ziv topped with Julep's Oscar and Vivien for more depth. I also used the same Nothern Lights top coat for the gold nails to give it some more oomph!




You can see the depth and some of the holo-ness of the gold :)





Some macros of the nails :) I love the complexity of the Lynnderella with the gold mix that I used..

Hope you liked these two manis as much as I did...oh and did you enter my giveaway yet? it ends in 12 days ;) Enter here


For more information on how you can get involved in helping spread awareness about MS click here :)

Pin It

1 comment:

I read each and every comment and truly appreciate that you take the time to leave one. Please email me if you would like me to look at your blog instead of pasting a link in the comments :) Thank you for your support :)